Thursday, April 15, 2010

Farewell to the CCO Leaders


Thursday I had to say “fare thee well” to a few close and dear friends, a few men I have known for about 9 years, a few men with whom I served and under whom I learned the Word of God for 4 years.

Pastor Rick was my first official pastor. He baptized me in the Sea of China down at Zampa Beach. He helped me lead a youth group. He always had godly advice for me when I needed it. Glenn took me under his wing and taught me a lot about what it means to be a follower of Jesus. He always led by example and showed me that living for Christ can be FUN! We had many evenings of fun and fellowship together. I learned about being a godly husband and father from him as well.


Well, one last meal together and our time together on Okinawa was over. Thanks so much for the incredible blessing you have been to me over the years, guys! I know God will continue to work through you guys as Calvary Chapel Okinawa grows in faith until that last day when our Lord comes back.

No comments: