Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Return of the Nabe... and the Fondue!

Last night was the first time I had people over to visit in a long time. It's getting a little cooler here in Okinawa, so I broke out the nabe. The nabe is a pot in which you put a soup base, and then throw in a bunch of vegetables and meat and bring it to a boil. You eat it with rice, and it's SO good! Warms you up real good, especially if you have tofu in it - that stuff retains heat like crazy! Also, it was kimchi-based, which also makes it real hot. It was SO tasty!

After dinner we relaxed a little and then had chocolate fondue... we cut up strawberries, bananas and apples. It was SO good! Aika brought chips and drinks, and actually the chips tasted good with chocolate too! Mari, a.k.a. Chara brought homemade pumpkin cream puffs. Very good!

Next time we gather it will be to watch movies... and probably eat some more good food! Thanks for a fun night, guys! Thanks as always, Joe!

4 comments:

MX said...

メッチャおいしそう!
ボクも今度まぜてちょ!

Trevor Raichura said...

もちろん!この前も誘いたかったけどセンターにいるかなぁと思って。。。

今度は絶対にサイモンを加わるよ。

Melissa's Life said...

I miss you so much ;-)

I miss Japan .....

Blessings from London-
Melissa

Anonymous said...

BRO! You know I have such great memories of our Nabe last year (can you believe it was about a year ago?), I totally wish I could've been there, God bless you!

Nate