Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Happy Christmas Surprise

So my mom phoned me on Christmas night. I think it was almost midnight when she called, but I was still 'awake.' We have decided to talk sometime when I'm more coherent, though. The next morning, I was already at work, just getting ready to start a busy day (see previous post). My phone rang, and I figured it was someone from "back home" since the display didn't show any number. Well, it was my brother, Ash.

They are so cool... we chatted for a minute or two, and then Myles came on the phone. "Trevor? I'm gonna be a brother." (He says this mostly coherently, but I thought maybe my ears were deceiving me.) So he repeats it, and then gives the phone to his mom. "Did I hear him right?" And the answer, "Yep. We're expecting in August." WOW!

Congratulations, Ash and Nancy! And Myles, too! I'm so excited that you will be a big brother! Thanks for the best Christmas present of the year!

No comments: