Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tokyo School Trip, Day 3

Well, this is it. The trip was really long but really short. I had a great time getting to know new students. I also got to see sights I never had before, and do things I never got to before. The final day we woke up, had our final breakfast, and then headed out to Ueno Park.

Ueno Park had a special 'bacteria' exhibition, which the students were forced to check out. It was probably the one thing on the whole trip that was boring. Now I am interested in almost all things unknown to me. But this was one thing I could not fake an interest in! Especially on the last day! Well, I tried to hang out with the funny girls, to make the exhibition a little more bearable. And it was! Riko is hilarious, and Mikoto (in the wheelchair) was also pretty funny. She and the tour guide and the nurse got real close over the course of the trip.

Then most of the students headed to Ueno Zoo... and so I went too. They have a good range of animals. I am not a huge zoo fan (animals in captivity) but I am fascinated by the animal world. In fact, I am probably going to order the Planet Earth DVD series... God has made an amazing variety of animals!!! Well, it was good times.

Finally, we had lunch at Odaiba, a famous new development in Tokyo. The food was kind of lame, but it was cool because there was a large convention of high schoolers from all over the world checking out Tokyo at the same time as us, so we took some pictures with them, and the kids were all excited.

I was initially so disappointed about being placed on this Hokkaido trip, but in the end I had such an amazing time that I would not trade in the experience and memories for any of the other trips (Korea, Finland, London/Paris)! Thanks to Mr. Hamasaki, Ms. Matayoshi and Mr. Kabashima, as well as the tour guides, bus guides, nurse, and all the students, for making this an unforgettable week in my life!

No comments: