Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Big Bonenkai


Okisho had its annual year-end party on Saturday night. We gathered at the Royal Orion Hotel down in Naha, and ate some GOOD food. There were a LOT of people there... I'm talking over 300 employees! My school is part of an organization that also has a vocational school, prep school, and cram school. So anyways, the jazz band (Teachers Plus One Minus One) performed again, and the prizes were outrageous! The grand prize was a 32" Hi-Def TV! There was also an iPod, a Wii, a Blue Ray player, a couple of portable DVD players, a stereo system... it was said that there were over $5,000 worth of prizes! And I won... fancy soaps.

Well it is always nice to chat with co-workers in a more relaxed environment than the hallways or staff rooms. I have two special co-workers that are a huge part of my life. Without them I am sure I would not enjoy Okisho quite as much as I do: Kenney and Yukky. Here they are with me.

No comments: