Monday, August 18, 2008

Word of Life


Well I got to attend church this morning, and I was so blessed to be in a service here. It started with a really young worship team - I'm sure they were all in their teens. There was an electric guitar, a bass, drums, a keyboardist and two singers. They did a lot of modern worship, even stuff from some CCM artists. "Grace Like Rain" (Todd Agnew) and "Our Love is Loud" (David Crowder Band) among others were on the menu. Then someone came up to talk about his upcoming mission - he's going down to Nashville, TN to work with the teen help line. He's going to help teenagers who are suffering from various things (addictions, depression, etc.) and reach out to them with the love of Christ. It's exciting to see people in this town filled with compassion for others. Then there was a message by a guest speaker, who talked about stones. It was good, but not terribly focused, and I had a hard time following. But overall, I really enjoyed my experience there. And the best part - my dad came with me! Pray that the Spirit would speak to him and that he would give his life over to Jesus Christ.

No comments: