Wednesday, August 27, 2008

La Familia - マイ・ファミリー

Amazing, yesterday (wait - yesterday WHERE?), Monday, August 25, I got to see everyone in my immediate family. Not all at the same time, mind you. First, I had lunch with mom and Ash (my older brother). We wanted Pasta La Vista, but it was closed, so we went to Joey's. They had great food, and the "patio" had full furniture! So I got the fish tacos, and they were good but not quite Ruiz good. After that we went to the Marble Slab Creamery for ice cream. WOW! Great way to end my eating in Winnipeg.

Then my mom dropped me off at the airport, where my dad met us. So we each had pictures taken together. It was a quick time there, but my mom prayed for me, and my dad wished me all the best, and I was off. When I got to Vancouver, I was supposed to meet Jay (my younger bro), but he wasn't supposed to get there until like 7:30pm (1.5 hours after my arrival).

But to my surprise, he was there about 2 minutes after me, so we got extra time together - about 5.5 hours in total! We went out into town and had dinner at a place called East is East (Indian/Afghani/Pakistani food). Yummy! Next we walked around for an hour or so, stopping to check out the beautiful Vancouver shoreline just after sunset. Then we met up with his girlfriend Michelle, and went to Naam - a vegetarian Indian restaurant, where we ate nothing. Michelle was hungry though, so we stopped. Then they dropped me off at the airport, the end. After a grueling flight, I am now in Taipei, it's 6:30am here, and I'm leaving for Okinawa in less than 2 hours. I'll be home at last!

Man, I don't know what time it is anymore in my mind... I have slept about 3 hours of the past 36, so I don't know when the proverbial battery will shut me down. But it was a blessed time in Canada, and I'm so excited to be almost back in Okinawa! Thanks, Raichuras, for making my time back "home" fun!

No comments: