Monday, November 23, 2009

Mini-Class Reunion


Just over a month ago, one of my former students from OCSI came back from the States for a visit. She used good ol' Facebook to arrange a little class reunion of sorts - the people who are/were on Okinawa came out to Cappriciosa's for dinner. From the Class of 2002, there were about 8 people represented: Ally, Teresa, Jennifer, Sera, Naomi, Hazel, Haruna, Miho. A couple of others joined from the upperclasses: Tiffany and Sheryl. Other than spouses, I was the lone male representative... and I'm not even in the class!

I was so blessed to have been invited, and to have had the chance to catch up with some of my favourite students of all time! (You really are! But for those of you who are former students of mine and are reading this, you are also in my select group of all-time favourites! I promise!)

Teresa, Sera, Haruna and Tiffany are married and have child(ren). Ally's also married. Sheryl's engaged. Wow, they're not "high school kids" anymore! Thanks for inviting me out, Sera! Be sure to let me know when you come back to visit again! Or you can just move back here with your family!

No comments: