Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hokkaido, at last!

Well, 2 months after my computer broke (almost to the exact day), I am finally going to post a few pictures of my trip to Hokkaido (September 18-23). Let me begin with a quick summary of how God worked. I got there and took a bus to Maruyama Koen Bus Terminal (about an hour). I got picked up by a man named Steve, who was with his wife, Michiyo. They took me to their place, where I stayed for 5 nights (none of this was my plan, mind you). I got to know the family (children Christina, 11, Tetsuo and Tetsuharu, 7, and Shion, 2 months) well, partook in worship services with them (including perhaps the first Calvary Chapel service in Hokkaido - though it was not under the name Calvary), prayed with them, sightsaw with them, dined with them, struggled with them, laughed with them... they became "my family" for 5 days, and I will never forget their kindness, or how the Lord brought us together and kept us together for 5 days! It was definitely neither my plan nor theirs, but no doubt the Lord's! If you want to hear more about my trip, ask me! I love talking about my time there! Also, pray for me... who knows if the Lord wants to send me up there permanently???

My first food in Hokkaido was homemade curry and then a fresh half-melon. OHHHHH, sooooo good!


Sunday after morning service, me and the kids went hiking together. Here we are at the top of Mt. Sankake. It was SO fun! Perhaps the highlight of my trip!



Steve preaches in Hungarian and his lovely wife Michiyo translates into Japanese for the people. He is truly an anointed teacher of the Word!




This is the front entrance area to Shiroi Koibito Factory. It is very famous in Sapporo. Me and the kids had a blast!



The final farewell at the bus terminal. It was such a huge blessing to meet this loving, godly family! Thank you, Lorinczes, for your hospitality! The Lord will provide for all your needs, according to His riches!

No comments: