Saturday, April 26, 2008

Okinawa - land of farewells

It doesn't seem to matter what time of year it is - there always seems to be someone leaving Okinawa. Last night, Josh hosted a farewell party at his house for 2 of my favourite Americans - Eric and Nate. Eric has been on island (sort of) for the past 18 months, and has been a joy to get to know. I love his passion for the Lord, and his motivation to accomplish as much as he can with the time God has given him. Nate has been here for nearly 2 years now, and I have had so many good memories with him that I can't put into words how much I'll miss him.

There was SO much food last night, and it was all tasty! (And where there's food, there's Akira! My student from Okisho came out to join in the fun, and was pleasantly surprised to find his elementary-school-days ALT, none other than Dan Pallmann, in attendance! Small world eh?) After much eating and chatting, we gathered around the 2 guys, shared memories, and prayed for them. I know I will miss them a lot, and will pray for them as they continue their careers with the military in San Diego. Thanks for all the wonderful memories, guys!

And of course, whenever there's an opportunity to take pictures of Nico, I'll do it! This guy is awesome! I'm glad he's not leaving just yet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trev,
Love your blog. Wish I could stay longer but the Lord has other plans. Your one of the guys who truely made these past couple years special for me. We'll have to meet up in the future. If your ever in SoCal, you know who to call, love you bro.

Nate