Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm a WHAT? Tanning?


Nope, I'm a "tannin" (担任). Yep, I am officially a homeroom teacher at Okisho now! Can you believe it? I honestly had hope of being a "sub-homeroom teacher" this year... just a hope is all... but the vice-president of the school graciously offered to make me the first foreigner to be a homeroom teacher in the school's 26-year history! Actually my buddy and colleague Michael Fad is also a homeroom teacher, meaning we will enter the history books together. Anyways, I believe this is all God's plan. I am so blessed that He is giving me the responsibility to take care of these students. It should be a year of much learning, many mistakes, and as a result, a whole lotta grace from my Creator.

私は今学年から沖縄尚学高等学校の2年の私立文系の担任の生になりました!人数が少なくても、本当に学校長の名城政次郎先生に信用されて非常に嬉しく思います。そして、神様が私にこんな大きな責任をお与えになって心から喜んでいます。どうぞ皆さん、私が神様に導かれるように祈ってください!担任の仕事は初めてなので、わからないことばかりで少し不安ですが、自分の知恵は神から来るのみ。それを常に意識しながら行ったらいいね!頑張るぞ!

3 comments:

Bradley said...

Dude, that sounds exciting!
Good luck!

Mark said...

Woah! That's awesome! I would love to be a homeroom teacher eventually! I'm excited for you. I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Tamiko said...

that is really cool!!!
Now you have real J-kids.