Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The River and the fireworks

God has a funny way of working sometimes. About 2 years ago, I opened up a myspace account. It was not my proudest moment but it is indeed a part of my past. I posted news on occasion, and even did a bit of blogging. Well one of my entries concerned a really weird dream I had had about a fish tank, and a giraffe's head and one fish that, despite its diminutive size, was able to swallow up anything whole! I interpreted the dream to mean that even a "little" sin in the fish tank of our lives will destroy anything in sight, leaving us empty of all good things. Even putting "big fish" in the tank (like spiritual stuff) is useless because the little fish of sin will eat it up and our works will be meaningless.

Well anyways, some complete stranger up in Tokyo saw my blog and wrote a comment, something to the effect of, "Cool illustration - can I share it with my friends?" So I replied and we became "myspace friends." Well I canceled my account because I just didn't like the idea of myspace anymore. And she did, too... but we did exchange contact information.

Last weekend, River came down to Okinawa from Tokyo for the first time. And so she called me, and we got together on Saturday night to check out the fireworks down at Tropical Beach, and then again Sunday for lunch. It was cool to actually meet her, and it felt as though we had known each other since childhood. River is a warm-hearted, fun Christian woman. I am so excited that now I have someone to visit if I ever make it up to Tokyo... but even more excited with the idea we toyed around with - when she and her boyfriend get married, maybe they'll move to Okinawa!

No comments: