Saturday, September 25, 2010

News Without Pictures

Every time something fun is happening, it seems like I have forgotten my camera at home! So I haven't had much to update lately. But here's the latest and greatest: the Yuni ministry is going well! Still no "increase" or "harvest" but it seems like the two ladies we are primarily ministering to are more and more interested in the gospel! The past two weeks I went to Yuni solo (Steve and Michiyo had other engagements) and for the first time ever, I have had to "carry the conversation" so-to-speak. But God gave me boldness to share about His Son, and while neither made a commitment, I could see their eyes lighting up! I hope and pray that their salvation would come soon! Pray for Shoji-san and Sakamoto-san, please!

God has allowed me to teach His Word recently - last Sunday and again tomorrow, I am teaching at church on Sunday morning. God has given me wisdom and insight that I couldn't have gotten on my own. Since the majority of the church is children when Steve and Michiyo are absent (as they were last week and will be tomorrow) so I am trying to teach more at their level without taking away from the content and application for any adults present. So pray that tomorrow's message would also be blessed!

We tried to apply for the missionary visa yesterday, but we hit a few snags - so we will have to apply next week or the week after, depending on how quickly we get the necessary paperwork. Pray for God's mercy and favour in this process - of course His will will be done, but pray for our peace of mind as we wait!

I have a few private English students - one of whom passed his grad school entrance exam (praise the Lord, for He still does miracles!), the other of whom has a "telephone test" on Monday. If she passes, she will be heading to Israel to do some volunteer work at a food bank in Jerusalem. Pray for Mikiko, that God would give her the ability to answer any questions that come her way! If she heads out to Israel, hopefully she will be getting in touch with Takako - one of my favourite ladies from Calvary Chapel Ginowan/Calvary Chapel Okinawa/OCSI! It would be so cool if they could meet in Israel and be a blessing to each other!

I will be heading to Korea in two weeks for my grad school residential conference. Pray that my travels would go smoothly and that I can be a light for Christ to my classmates. Some of them are Christians, many are not. One in particular is seeking, it would seem. Then hopefully at the beginning of November I will be heading to the Tokyo area for a men's retreat and then to the Osaka area to meet up with several friends. May the Lord's will be done!

久しぶりにブログ更新をさせていただきます!最近はイベントがある時にカメラを忘れたりしていて写真は撮ってないです。けれども、伝道は続きます!由仁町に毎週木曜日に行って、特に2人に福音を伝えたりゴスペルコンサートを披露したりをしています。この前の2週間、ピンで行ったけど(スティーブと美智代は違う用事があって行けなかったから)なんとか上手く行ってます!イエスキリストをまだ受け入れてないけど関心があるみたいです。神様は僕に必要な言葉、そして必要な大胆さを与えてくださったからお二人の救いはこれからだと思います!どうぞ、続けて庄司さんと坂本さんのために祈ってください。

先週の日曜日も明日も教会で御言葉を教える機会が与えられました!神様は常に私に必要な知識や知恵を与えてくださっています。スティーブと美智代がいない時に教会の人数はほとんど子供達なので、彼らのレベルに合わせながら大人がまだメッセージから適用のできる内容が聞けるように努力しています。どうぞ、明日のメッセージは主に祝福されるように祈ってください。

昨日は宣教師(宗教)のビザの申し込みをしようとしたらいくつかの書類が足りなくてすぐに申し込みができなかった。けど、書類が届く次第にまた申し込みに行きます。もちろん神様の御心になるけど、私たちに安心が与えられるように祈ってください!

私は個人の英会話のレッスンをやっています。一人は先月、大学院の入試に受かりました。神様はまだ奇跡を起こしています!ハレルヤ!もう一人は明後日、テレフォンテストがあります。もし受かったら、イスラエルのエルサレム市に行ってフードバンク(食料銀行という貧困者のための援助)でボランティアをします。あそこでもし可能であればテルアビブにいる孝子さんと会ってほしいです!私は孝子さんとOCSI、カルバリー沖縄、カルバリー宜野湾で奉仕などをしたことがあって、10年間くらい知っています。お二人がお互いを励まし合えたら本当に嬉しいです!美樹子さんの試験のためにもどうぞ、祈ってください。

最後に、10月の中旬の大学院の研修会のために韓国に行きます!あそこで1年ぶりにクラスメートに会います。また、初めて会うクラスメートも何人かいます。私がどうにか神様に用いられてキリストの光を輝かすことができますように。クリスチャンのクラスメートは何人かいるけどノンクリがほとんどです。そのうちの一人は福音に関心があるみたいので、祈りましょう!そして、11月の上旬に関東や関西に行きたいと思っています。まだチケットの予約とってないけど、主の御心であれば行きます!

いつもブログを見てくださり、心から感謝致します!

No comments: