Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Farewells, final?

Today was the last of my "last" classes with the 12th graders. As was the case yesterday, many students were absent, which was kind of a bummer. This is the E1 class, meaning their English ability is higher than that of the other classes. Or at least, their test scores were higher. Most of them have a decent grasp on the language, and a lot of them have even studied abroad for awhile. One guy even lived in Egypt for a few years, and considers Arabic as his second language!
Anyways, one of the funny things about this class is that a lot of the girls somehow got the impression that I have a huge crush on my colleague, Yukiko. So after a few unsuccessful denials, I just kinda gave up and went along with it. Sometimes I would say things in class and the girls would laugh because they thought I was putting the moves on Yukiko... but of course nothing could be farther from the truth. All this to say this was a really fun class. I will miss the good times we had!

No comments: