Monday, December 31, 2007

大掃除


In Japan, the end of the year is a time to do major cleaning in the house. It's called "大掃除" or "big cleaning." So I decided to get caught up in the spirit, at least partially make my house clean again. I took apart my living room, literally. All the furniture, save the TV stand (too many wires) moved into the kitchen, and all the tatami mats made their way onto the balcony. Then I sprayed them down clean, wiped all the walls, fixtures, beams, and laid everything down again. The layout is different from what it once was, but most of you don't even know what it looked like, so it makes no difference!

Anyways, it feels good to have a clean living room, smelling fresh and looking different. Next up: the bedroom and kitchen. Last: the dreaded bathroom! (I'll spare you the details by not posting updates on this one!)

No comments: