Sunday, December 30, 2007

Settlers Withdrawal Satisfied!

So yesterday I was doing a little shopping down by the Convention Center. My first pleasant surprise came when I stepped into a shoe store. The unpleasant surprise was the lack of shoes that they had in my size. Then I saw an employee and asked him if they might have more stuff in my size that I just wasn't noticing. He answered me, "トレバー?" (if you can't read Japanese, that's my name as it would be written in katakana) I was stupefied by his response, so I asked him who he was. Turns out he was my student way back in the day on Iejima. Isn't that cool that he recognized me? So we chatted for a bit but then he had to get back to work.

Then as I was driving home, it was already about 6pm, and I was thinking to myself, "What should I do about dinner? I don't want to cook, but I don't want to eat out." A few minutes later my phone rang. ♪あーなーたーは髪の毛ありますか?ありますか?ありますか♪ I know based on the ring that it's my buddy Glenn. We were slated to get together the following Thursday for a game of Settlers. But he tells me that he and his wife made a bunch of food for a get-together, and their guests canceled on them, and would I mind coming over and helping them eat? Hahaha, the Lord is GOOD! Of course Farah is an awesome cook, so I stuffed myself with chicken, rice, and cookies. And of course when I go to the Phipps', apple tea is my drink of choice! But perhaps the best part of the evening came when...
I WON! Yep, I beat Glenn at his own game, in his own house! Thanks for a fun evening guys, and for letting me win!

No comments: