Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weekend Update

My weekend was filled with blessings. Unfortunately, I didn't capture any of the moments with my camera. Still, here's what went down:

Friday night, I got to "lead" our youth group, as our regular leader (Zach) wasn't there. In fact, our regular worship leader (Hannah) wasn't there, either! So Ayu filled in on guitar, and me and Halleluyah provided the vocals. It was blessed. Then, since it was just me and Halleluyah, the teaching was very laid back. I taught out of Mark 14, about Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. I was supposed to get into Peter's denial and more, but time got away on us. It was cool to do a one-on-one teaching, because I got to ask personal questions and answer some of his questions, too. Good times!

Then Saturday morning, I got up early and made bentos with Josh and Joe... this time it was chicken cutlets... they tasted good, but I think the ones from 2 weeks ago were better. In the afternoon I went over to my buddy Eric's place to try and help him with his internet problem. He's a computer wizard, so it wasn't the technical side I was there for, but rather the language part. Despite our best efforts, no progress was made. But it was still good time spent with a brother that I really want to get to know better. In the evening, I went to a dinner function put on by the PTA from Bito, my old work place. They had a "farewell" to old teachers and "welcome" to new teachers. It was a lot of fun! Two major blessings from that evening: 1) I got a gift from them - a Ryukyu Glass plate, it's really pretty. 2) One of my former co-workers, who grew up going to church, expressed an interest in coming to Calvary Chapel Ginowan sometime! I didn't even prompt him to do so - so I know it was all God's goodness and the Holy Spirit working in his life! Finally, the night ended with karaoke. My buddy Josh is leaving for Australia (some sort of military training) for 6 weeks starting tomorrow, so we had to go one last time. Unfortunately I lost my voice after one song, but I still persisted for an hour. Good times!

Sunday was "the usual" in a sense. Church in the morning, chilling in the afternoon, and church in the evening. This Sunday I got to share on 2 Samuel 9. If you want to check out the notes, click here and then under "documents" you will find my notes. It was blessed... I'm not sure how people felt about the message, but I got quite "heated" at the end as I talked about poverty in this world. Let's be obedient to God's commands, and help one another - showing no favoritism or bias towards the more affluent.

No comments: