Thursday, June 7, 2007

Take me out to the ball tourney!



Today at Okisho, the high school kids participated in tournaments all day. Classes put their best feet forward on the volleyball and basketball courts, competing for class pride. Okisho boasts a sports program - some students do sports all afternoon - but this does not guarantee victory for these super-athletes! In fact, to the best of my knowledge, only the boys' volleyball tournament saw the sports course kids victorious. The runner-ups were an 11th grade class that I have the joy of teaching 4 times a week. Seen above is Daisuke Matsuda, one of my "Yambaru boys", who did everything he could to keep his team alive. Also pictured are the 12th grade girls from class 3-5, who lost their opening match. Below are the 2-6 girls after winning a volleyball match, and the 2-5 girls, who took the basketball tournament championship home. My voice is hoarse from all the mad cheering I did. I love Okisho!!!

No comments: