Monday, May 7, 2007

Return to Iejima


Last Monday was the beginning of "Golden Week" for me in Japan. Golden Week is a string of consecutive national holidays, allowing people to travel or just relax with their families. (Sadly, I had a work day during the week... but it was a fun day.) To celebrate Golden Week, I went to Ie-jima, my old stomping grounds. I spent the entire day with Pastor Fumio Nomura and his wife, Mariko. I also got to meet their daughter, Yui, for the first time in 7 years! Last time I saw her, she was 7 years old... so you can imagine that she's grown quite a bit since then! It was a blessed day, and I am hoping to return there to share the Word of God with the people one of these weekends. I have much love for the people of this island, but not nearly as much love as God has for them.

No comments: