Friday, June 19, 2009

I miss the OCSI days!

Tonight I got to have dinner with 2 of my former students from (dare I say it?) my favourite class that I have ever taught! What made them so special? Maybe it was that I taught them as freshmen and as seniors. Maybe it was that many of them were, like me, born in the year of the rabbit (one cycle behind me, mind you). Maybe it was that they were "my class" in my final year at OCSI, which culminated with my 30th birthday. Or maybe it was just that the class was filled with amazing students, like Sharon and Hiromu! I can still remember each student in the class so well, and wish them all the best in whatever it is they are doing!

Sharon and Hiromu and I got to catch up on what has been going on in each other's lives... Sharon is working full-time at her church, and is growing more deeply in love with the Lord. Hiromu got to translate for the astronauts that are living in the international space station! How cool is THAT? I told them that we need to do dinner more often, so hopefully we will get together again sometime soon! And maybe more from the c/o 2005 will join, too! I know for sure that a few more are on island!

No comments: