Monday, June 18, 2007

More farewells....


Next week around this time, my good buddies Matt and Jess Andersen, along with their beautiful baby Ella and their two dogs Sparky and Roxie will be leaving Okinawa and heading back to the east coast of the States. Matt worked 2 years at OCSI, then transfered to Lester Middle School on base. They have been going to Calvary Chapel Okinawa this whole time, and Matt has even been leading the worship team for a while now! Jess, too, has used her beautiful singing voice on the worship team for some time, too.

Matt has been an awesome friend to talk to about almost anything, but definitely about sports. As a guy who likes the Yankees and Lakers, I can always find something to argue with him about! And having been in the same fantasy sports leagues with him for the past year or so, I have really enjoyed smack talking in person about how much better my teams are! Now it will have to be done only by e-mail or chatting.

I'll miss you guys a lot... I know God will use you in the States to minister to a lot of people, and that someday we will meet again and create a whole new set of memories together! Perhaps Willmar in '08???

No comments: