Friday, March 9, 2007

Monthly update

Here's the latest edition of my monthly prayer e-mail I send out. If you have the time, please read this and pray! Thanks and God bless you!

Dear Friends and Family,

With February being the shortest month of the year, I guess I tarried a little in getting anything out to you! Sorry for not writing something sooner. The fact of the matter is, I have been waiting on the Lord about something major, and did not want to post an update until I knew for sure what the answer was. Well, I am 99% sure I know the answer, and so I figure it's fairly safe to share it with you all. So here are some of the highlights of the past month:

· I went out job hunting on February 7th, dropping off my resume at several schools across the island (mostly in my area). When all was said and done, I felt really discouraged. It seemed no one was interested in my services. And I shaved off my beard just for this occasion, too! (Sounds trifling, but you'd be surprised how much men grow fond of their facial hair… am I right, guys?)

· Well God is good, because a week later I had a job interview. It was for a tech school on island, and they were looking for someone to head their International Communications Department! Sounds enticing and exciting, but I didn't get the job. That's cool, it wasn't what I was looking for, and I'm sure the Lord didn't want me there, because I didn't get the job. Still, this interview served to really pick up my spirits, which were dragging in the dirt after the previous Wednesday.

· Three days later, I got an e-mail for a job interview at a private high school. The interview took place on the 19th in the morning, and by the end of the week, they narrowed down their candidate search to, well, me I think! I had a 2nd interview on the 28th, and they hired me without any further questions, really! I did not commit to them in writing, because there were still some doubts. Is this job God's guidance, or my own selfish ambition?

· Yesterday I finally had peace in my heart about taking the job. So I begin in early April. Pray for me, as this will take a lot of effort, discipline, and time on my part! But I know that in my heart, God me to use the talents He has given me. And one of those is teaching. Another is loving people. This job will give me an incredible chance to do both.

· In other news, I have still been teaching the Word every other Sunday evening at the church I attend. In February, I taught on Joshua 20 (cities of refuge) and Judges 6 (the calling of Gideon). Praise God, I have people coming up to me afterwards almost every time, telling me of how the message really spoke to their hearts. Wow, God is good!

· On top of this, I have also been teaching Japanese at our church's Bible College. Also, on Saturday afternoons, I have been taking part in teaching a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course. And lastly, Thursday nights I was teaching an English conversation class. Mercifully, that came to an end in February. Not that I didn't enjoy it, but it took time and energy out of an already full schedule. Pray for those students though, as they do not know Jesus. The new teacher is also a Christian, and I believe she is better equipped to teach the class than I was.

Please keep praying for me. Being overseas is never the easiest option, but it is the right one, I believe. I struggle with a lot of things, but am trying to remain faithful to the calling God has on my life. Thank you again always for your e-mails, prayer, and support. God bless you!

Trevor

No comments: