Friday, March 23, 2007

Another Amazing Day

Well, even though I am done at Bito, I still managed to spend much of my Thursday afternoon there. You see, I had an English department luncheon to attend, and I also arranged to meet up with a friend of mine who lives in the area in the evening. So from about 2pm until 6:30pm, I knew I would have time, and did not want to drive back home and then back to the same area. So I stayed at school and enjoyed the company of my students.

First, I played a little basketball with the boys. I didn't have shoes or anything and I was wearing nice clothes and I was out of practice (these are my excuses for losing 2 of 3 games). Then I talked with a couple of 7th grade girls... they loved it! One of them, it turns out, used to go to church but hasn't lately because she's been busy with club activities. So I encouraged her to go again, and bring the other girl (who admitted to believing "nothing" but also knowing there is a God). I am praying (and you can too) that Mizuki will start attending church again, and that Konomi would go with her. Oh, they want me to take them out for "Halloween" like I did for some other students last year. (Halloween = Harvest Carnival at Calvary Chapel Okinawa)... and so I'm praying that God would open the doors for me to get like a VAN and bringing a bunch of them! Pray with me, would you?

Then I played a little soccer with a couple of guys, then some handball and then some baseball. All that totalled about 45 minutes. AND... I just got an e-mail from a former student (who asked me in a previous e-mail if I was a Christian) saying that she went to a Christian pre-school and knows the Bible somewhat... she said she's Baptist... I don't know what that means, but I will find out soon! All this stuff is so exciting... that God has opened the doors for me to share with and encourage my students in this way!

Oh, my night last night ended on a wonderful note, too. I got to have dinner with Nate and Josh, a couple of good Christian brothers who are in the US military, stationed here. It was awesome to fellowship with them. Praise God for awesome times!!! Keep praying for me, y'all! Love you and love the Lord!

Trevor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's my show I'm VoonderMilinakis,
I put bologna in my front pocket,
on this burogu I will rock it,
living in the alamo with David Crockett!!

Do you like me!!!!! Peace!!