Friday, October 9, 2009

Weird Happening

Today I headed down to the office at school on my way out the door. On my way in, everything was normal. On my way out, I look over and see my colleague, Nick, being bugged by some Japanese guys with a video camera. Then one of them, with a fake afro and painted on mustache, calls out, "Hey, Mark!" He's looking at me.

I know he wants to talk with me. I figure, what the heck? Let's have a little fun... after all, it's Friday afternoon before a long weekend... let the fun begin NOW! Here's a rough transcript of what happened. J1 = Japanese guy 1 (fro & mustache); J2 = Japanese guy 2 (long blonde wig); T = me

J1: Hey, Mark! My friend!
T:Hey what's up, man?
J1: Mark, my high school friend!
T: Long time no see!
(We hug.)
J1: What's your name?
T: I'm... Mark.
J1: Oh, I'm Mark!
T: We have the same name?
J1: I'm Eddie Murphy.
T: Yeah, I know! Nutty Professor...
J1: What?
T: (slowly) The... Nutty... Professor...
J1: Oh yeah! (makes motion like he's got a really wide butt)
J2: この人のヒゲはちょっとゲイっぽい。。。(This guy's beard makes him look gay.)
(Trevor looks from one guy to the other, apparently confused - little do they know I speak Japanese!)
J1: Are you gay?
J2: You... gay?
(Trevor looks at J2 and then slaps him across the face.)
T: NO!
(J1 also slaps J2 across the face.)
J1: I'm sorry man, good job!
(J1 & Trevor give each other a high five.)
J2: I'm sorry.
(J2 goes to shake Trevor's hand, gooses him in the process.)
T: HEY! Don't touch! That's the no-touch zone! (to J1) Maybe HE is gay! He touched my no-touch zone!
J1: Yeah. OK, do you know good job?
T: Good job?
J1: Yeah, ecology, recycle...
T: Oh yeah, of course!
J1: OK, last question. What do you think, Japan student woman?
T: You mean high school girls?
J1: Yeah. You like?
T: NO!
J1: Why?
J2: You gay!
T: No, too young!
J1: Japan school girl... (crude comment, omitted)
T: NO! That's a BIG 犯罪 (crime).
J1: No, no 犯罪.
T: 犯罪 man, 犯罪!
J1: Last, please look (points to camera), say "Good!"
J1, T, J2: GOOD!
J1: You from America?
T: No, Canada!
J1: Oh, Canada. Wayne Gretzky! Steve Nash! Celine Dion!
J2: You English teacher?
T: No, Chinese.
(J1 laughs, J2 glares.)
T: I'm comedian, like Eddie Murphy.

*END TRANSCRIPT*

Weird, random Friday happening!
Oh, and afterwards I got looks from the office ladies. I kinda bowed in apology for making noise... but it wasn't my fault! These guys came up to me all noisy and hyper!

Anyways, if you're in Okinawa and watch TV from time to time, try to catch me on Okinawa TV... and if you're WAY cool you'll even record it for me! I don't have an antenna on my TV so I can't even see how stupid I looked!

No comments: