Sunday, May 17, 2009

Too many goodbyes


Another month, another group of people to say goodbye to. A week ago, my roommate and good friend Josh took off for Afghanistan. He'll be away for 10 months, but at least he's coming back! (For a short period, mind you.) But... one of the coolest families I have come in contact with is leaving. The Barrios family came here in 2005, and I really started to get to know them in 06 (I think) when they joined our fellowship. Dave and Liz are a really cool, loving couple. And their kids are so adorable! Julia is super mature and fun, Alondra is a prima donna if I've ever met one - and she's only 5, and Nico is a ball of energy... I'm going to miss them SO much, but they are moving to Oklahoma in a week. Anyways, we had a potluck lunch at church today for them - there was a lot of GOOD food, and Dave shared with us how much God has changed him... very moving testimony. Love you Barrioses - come back and visit sometime!

No comments: