Saturday, May 30, 2009

First Online Class!

I'm a college boy again! But this time, I'm studying online. This is extremely different from any other course I've ever done! I think back to all my post-high school education: one year living in a dorm studying journalism at Carleton U in Ottawa, 2 years commuting to school by car from my parents' place, 2 years of walking to school from "the Pasadena house", the summer of French in Quebec, the Japanese tutorials in Winnipeg before coming to Japan, the short Japanese (3 day) course I took in Ginowan back in '99, the semesters of Bible college at CMU, the Bible college courses taught by Pastor Tommy (back at the old CCO building). And now, this. Anaheim University's Master of Arts in TESOL, done all on-line, with the exception of 4 day residential sessions. WOW!

So here I am, "in class" (it's over now, but I was inspired to write this post during class) watching comments scroll up my screen, cross-referencing to the textbooks before me, sipping on an ice tea and eating a banana. Ever had class like that??? Ever gone to class dressed like this?

I love being in grad school so far, though it is hard work and will severely put a dent in my leisure time. You guys might have to call ME to make sure I'm still alive! Anyways, praise the Lord that I'm able to use technology in this way!

No comments: