Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Relaxing Afternoon

Some days are just meant for relaxing. Today I spent the afternoon at Josh's house. By myself. Josh is away for awhile, so I have decided that his place will make a nice weekend refuge. In any case, after sitting around for awhile just being lazy, studying kanji, and listening to music, I decided to make my way to the Okinawa Comprehensive Park, where I could do something that I haven't done in awhile: go inline skating!

Armed with my camera, i-Pod and a bit of coinage in case I got thirsty, I headed out from Josh's place. To my surprise, it took me but 2 minutes to get there on 8 wheels, and would have likely taken me as long or longer on 4.

So I stopped from time to time, just to take pictures. None of them turned out all that great, but here are a few of them, just for the sake of showing you that I actually did use my camera!

That little rock is only accessible during low tide. I remember back in my salad days, I would venture out there and sit up on the rock...

Because it was low tide, people were out looking for dinner or something... shells, anyone?

While some found food, others gave. These kids kindly shared with the ducks.

And what day would be complete without me meeting some of my former students? Kanae and Kanako were a blast back in 7th grade. Now they're a few months from completing junior high. And they have the joy of being taught by "Danipo".

4 comments:

The Pallmanns said...

Dude, tell me you did not use the words "relaxing" and "studying Kanji" in the same paragraph?!?!!

Two of my favorite 3rd years, by the way.

Trevor Raichura said...

Did you know that Kanako's nickname was "homeless"? Her friends always teased her about living at Comprehensive Park... she said she graduated to "cardboard box" and now lives in a "danchi" - the next step is apartment, then 'mansion' and finally, house! We had a good laugh. Kanako has an awesome sense of humour, as do Kie and Ayuna... I love and miss them all!

Anonymous said...

Trevor, anytime you want to relax and just hang, give me a call, we can play some settlers. By the way, what are salad days???

Glenn

Trevor Raichura said...

salad days
pl.n. A time of youth, innocence, and inexperience: "my salad days,/When I was green in judgment, cold in blood" (Shakespeare).

Yep, I'm trying hard to be an English teacher even on my blog!!! I hope to hang out with you sometime soon!