Thursday, February 14, 2008

Peace in the Park


On Monday, it was a national holiday in Japan - Constitution Day, I think. Anyways, after dropping Aaron off at the airport, I went to the Outlet Mall in Tomigusuku and checked out a bunch of overpriced goods, and then it was off to enjoy a peaceful afternoon at the Peace Prayer Park. The Bible college students were all there too, taking in the exhibits. Since I had seen the museum several times last year, I decided to check out the kids' thing... they had information about a bunch of different countries and how kids live there, and also there was a library with a TON (probably even more, literally) of books about the war. I spent some time reading about the horrors of the war on Ie-jima, and once again my stomach started turning as I tried to imagine just how terrifying it must have been for the locals. Not that the Americans enjoyed it, mind you. Anyways, here's a picture of the Bible college crew in front of a bunch of (bomb) shells.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro,
We are praying 4 u ....Hope all is well ...