Friday, August 31, 2007

Same month, same fun, new person!


A new batch of Bible college students have come to Okinawa. Most of them are new faces, but one of them has come back for another round. Daniel is an awesome brother in the Lord, and I look forward to another semester with him. Earlier this month, I made perogies with Keisuke and posted a few pictures of us having fun. Well, little did I know, my buddy Daniel has some Ukranian blood in him, and knows much more about those delicious little potato dumplings than I do! So because of his mom's comment on my blog, I figured I should have Daniel over to make perogies. And we did. And enjoy them, we did! It was a great time of fellowship and food, and I look forward to sharing the love of perogies with anyone else who is interested!

4 comments:

Daniel in Daejeon said...

ahhh yeh man....they were the bomb brotha....really appreciate you inviting me over. Little taste of home in Oki! blessings-daniel

Anonymous said...

what is a perogy? they look good, i mean how would a potatoe turn bad?
Joe

Tamiko said...

i saw the comment you left on daniel's. you have to share me some if you have some left, or you can make some for me again ^-^
and also it is Starr-bird in the back of that picture.

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm! Perogies. I know Daniel was blessed for you making them for him. That's so cool when someone else knows what they are. Guess I should have had you make ME some when we were there last December. Let me know if you want the recipe for Dilly Buns. How about Halupchi, ever make that? Or Kapoosta? Hey, people, don't laugh, this is good eatin!! Bless you, Trevor