Saturday, August 11, 2007

My Grandma and I


The other day I got to sit down with my grandma and visit. She is such a loving, wonderful lady. I know when I was younger, I used to not really enjoy my visits to her place - it smelled weird and the candies were old and even the cookies were not as tasty as store-bought ones. They just sat around and talked - how much fun could THAT be, I thought. But now, I have a great appreciation and love for her. She has been widowed now for over 9 years, but is staying strong and in fairly good health. Later this month, she will be 89 years old. Her mind is still sharp, and still gives me fits when we're playing Upwords together. Somehow, I beat her the other day, though. What kind of grandson am I???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe Grandma is the most treasure with wisdom and love in your family that God had blessed you.

She has such beautiful smile as yours because of loving grandson is with her and knowing that you keep her in mind wherever you are.

God's everlasting love and grace bless her in good health and true happiness. God bless you the mind and love you have for grandma.