Friday, August 3, 2007

Man I missed this guy!


Last night I was blessed with the company of someone I hadn't seen (webcam aside) in almost exactly a year! Keisuke has spent the year in China, studying the language in order to be accepted into a four-year program. The results of his exam/interview/scholarship application are still in limbo, so keep praying for him!

Keisuke arrived at my place around 7:30pm, and helped me make perogies. He said he really enjoyed making them, and that they tasted delicious! I have never had disappointed customers when sharing the good news about the best food the world has ever known! Anyways, after perogies we sat around and chatted before I beat him in 3 straight games of backgammon. Then I felt bad and "let him win" *wink wink* the final game, and drove him back to Yomitan. Keisuke is scheduled to leave for Shanghai in 3 weeks, so if you're on Okinawa, try to spend a little time with him this month!

In my selfishness, I want Keisuke to stay in Okinawa so that we can spend more time in fellowship, Bible study, and prayer. But I know he's following the Father's leading, and China is the place he's been called to. See you later this week, K-West!

2 comments:

Tamiko said...

whatever that perogies is, it looks really good!!
next time bring me some ne ;)

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOSH! PEROGIES!!! Since my mom is Ukranian, I totally know what those delicious delicasies are! I'm impressed that you know how to make them yourself. Since Daniel came home, my mom and I had a perogie party making tons and even made dilly buns! Ever had those? Daniel and you have lots to talk about when he gets back in Aug. God Bless you, fellow Canadian.