Monday, February 15, 2010

Penpals

Remember back in the day when we used to write letters? Oh where have the days gone? My most memorable penpals were from my school days. I remember writing letters to kids in Portage La Prairie (just an hour or so away, but still exciting for an 8-year old). My penpal's name was Dustin. We spent a day with them in their hometown, and they spent a day in ours. I still remember being made fun of by one of the kids for having a "funny sounding voice" - I honestly had a complex about my voice because of that!

Then in middle school we had French-speaking penpals in Togo, Africa. That one didn't go as well as the one in elementary school, but just thinking that people in Africa were reading my letters and that I was able to read theirs was exciting!

Anyways, Teppei (my colleague) arranged for some of the Okisho students to write letters to some students in Spain! So last week the "final batch" of letters (and snacks) arrived in the mail. From here on in, the students have to write on their own, because they have graduated from Okisho! Anyhow, Teppei took a picture of Miyu with her letter, and I just HAD to know what it said! Check the pic below.

No comments: