Saturday, September 15, 2007

You call that a storm?

So yesterday, I was getting ready to have my afternoon triple-pack of classes. I actually don't mind those classes, though often the kids are at their most tired at this point. But about a minute before I was going to leave the staff room, the loudspeaker announces: "We have entered storm watch. School is canceled for the afternoon. Typhoonize the school and go home immediately!" SWEET! So exciting, any time we can get time off on account of heavy rain and high winds. And the thing is, the storm wasn't even that strong. It rained some, it was windy, but we still had youth group at night and I carried on as if nothing out of the ordinary was going on.

But here I am, back at school on a Saturday morning. Fortunately I only have one class, and it is probably one I consider the easiest and most fun of my entire schedule: the international studies students. They all speak good English and are excited about learning more. Then this afternoon it's off to the Shuri area for another season of TEFL. I'm not sure I will continue it all the way through (it's a sacrifice of 13 straight Saturday afternoons). I value my free time too much. What do you guys think I should do?

1 comment:

Sosimo Strausburger Avila,jr. said...

IM NOT MEXXXICAAAAA...lol...well i thought that storm was tight and pretty strong i think your just to japanese bra...your to used to that stuff...lol...but ya my email is bondservant4christ777@hotmail.com
thanx brada...God bless