Friday, December 28, 2007

沖縄尚学学園-ザ 忘年会


Last night Okisho had its year-end party (忘年会)at the Royal Orion Hotel down on Kokusai Street (国際どおり). The event included a wonderful musical performance by our fearless leader, Mr. Masajiro Nashiro, a speech about us fighting the good fight and doing our part to help build a society that does not tolerate the crime that has been occurring lately in Japan. Then there was a raffle... the prizes were quite spectacular! A 20" plasma TV, a DVD player, a Nintendo DS, an iPod, and many other things. I was not a winner, unfortunately, but I did get to have my picture taken with "the leader" (shameless Simpsons reference).

It's funny how we tend to hang out with the same people at parties (or other social gatherings for that matter) as we would at work, or in our day-to-day life. This was a perfect chance for me to get to know other people who work within the company, and yet for some reason I kind of kept to myself, talking mostly to Kenney and Yukiko (seen below with Mr. Enoki, my department head, and Mr. Nashiro, the vice-chairman of the school, whose idea it was to pose in this way).

The night came to a rather early conclusion, at least compared to what I am used to with Japanese year-end parties, but I was sort of glad in a sense - things did not get out of control and I believe a good time was had by all. This is a pic of me and a friend of mine - Michael Fad - who was hired at the same time as I was, but has a considerably more difficult position that I do!

No comments: